
Lucie showing off her war wounds
.jpg)
I, Justin, also had to visit the doctor today for a ………waterslide injury. Quit laughing. There is a water park in Missoula with some slides. One of them is a completely enclosed tube. As I was entering the tube, I grabbed the metal bar to help propel myself through (even though there is a sign that says not to do that). Thus, my arms were above my head and both elbows smacked right into the top of the tube. Ouchy Magouchy! Two days later, my left elbow felt like it was busted and so I visited the x-ray machine today. Results forthcoming.
Alaska was a blast
Last time I posted, I was about to head up to Alaska for 5 days. Adam and I had a great time closing down the project and of course enjoying some fishing. I was able to meet and get to know many of the students even though I was only with them for a few days. It was fun to help them think through some possible action points for when they get back to their campuses.
After we dropped the last bunch off at the airport, we headed down the Kenai peninsula. We caught hordes of pink salmon (humpy’s) in Hope, but threw them all back because humpy’s are nasty. Then we camped near the world famous Russian river and each came home with some red and silver salmon. It was really a great time. We were cleaning our fish at the fish cleaning station in the river when a little black bear wandered out of the woods about 20 yards away. He was little……but still a bear so we grabbed the half filleted fish and scooted back a ways. He left so we went back to the table to finish filleting them and then………another bear shows up, this time about 50 yards away, but it was a ………….GRIZZLY! So this time we hightailed it out of there, with the fish of course. From a distance we saw him make his way straight to the fish cleaning table we were just at. Yikes!
.jpg)
1 comment:
bears would totally freak me out! hey Jessie - it was so great to see you while you were in Oregon, and your precious baby girl too - what a sweetheart she is! hope we can keep up with each other through blogs now! God bless, Sasha
Post a Comment